Thursday, June 21, 2012

Playing with my New Stuff!

I received my order from the New Catty today so of course I had to head on to my craft room to play!
I ended up using a stamp from last year but one that I have not used near enough yet, and teamed it up with the New In- colours!  As usual I love all the colours but one - but as Calypso Coral did and Poppy Parade -I know it will grow on me soon!
So this card has a little bit of all five new In Colours.
The Base is Midnight Muse - at first glance you may think its kind of like Night of Navy but it so is not!  It has a whole different feel to it and I adore it! I used my Simply Scored to create a line 1/4 inch in on all sides to add dimension to the base layer.  Then I cut a piece of WW and stamped stems from Awash with Flowers which is one of the sets that is discontinued but I still love it so it is staying in my collection for now, with Gumball Green.  You all know how I love Green and this one is no exception!  It is amazing that we get so much choice and variety with Stampin UP!  And the new ink pads???.........  LOVE THEM!  They do require a lighter touch but you use much less ink to cover your stamp and the feel is very nice.  Good upgrade Stampin UP!  I used one of the little flower stamps from Awash with Flowers to create tiny flowers on some on my half stems at the bottom of the card.
 Next I took some scrap pieces of WW Card Stock and stamped out six flowers with Mixed Bunch in Raspberry Ripple, Midnight Muse, Summer Starfruit and, Primrose Petal.  The great thing with this stamp set is the matching punch!  If I do not have to fussy cut I am one happy girl!  I use the new Bitty Banners and Bitty Banners Stamp set ( again no fuss!) in the Big Shot to create the cute little Banner "For You"  Add a Stamp inside and on your envelope and you are all set. 
Of course do not forget the Bling.  Dazzling Diamonds was added with my Two Way Glue Pen from Stampin UP! to the centers of two of the flowers and around the petals of the one that is behind but center.  It is really pretty in person I am not quite capturing the glitter in my camera shots.
Hope you enjoy your night!

Glittery Hugs

Kathryne

2 comments:

Kazza said...

can't wait til we get our new catalogue in the uk :)
I am now following you from SC and would love you to follow me too.
www.kazzasworld.blogspot.com

sue grant said...

lovely card, sure miss crafting with you, give me a call some time or drop me a line, old scapping friend, sue grant, suzyhomemaker35@yahoo.com or 5193123660(cell)