Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Happy First Day of the Occasions Mini!

With Sadness we say good bye to the holiday season and the Holiday Mini  :o(
BUT!  Stampin Up takes pity on us and offers us up a whole new Mini to brighten our winter blahs!
I think they hit a home run with this one too!  My creativity is exploding out of my head with all the new products.

I will post two cards I made over the last couple of weeks to celebrate and look for more to come.

First off is a card I created this morning for my Brother and his Fiancee!  So excited for them and their children!

 I started out with an card base of Early Espresso cut at 41/4x11 then scored with Simply Scored at 5 1/2.  Then I used the new Edgelits and the Big Shot to create the boarder on the end of the card.  I Ran a 4x41/4 piece of Pool Party through the Big shot with The Elegant lines embossing folder and added Dazzling Diamonds to this.
Next I cut out a heart using the new Heart Framelits and the Big Shot and added flowers and pearls around it then Spritzed with Gold Glow smooch Spritz.

 The sentiment for the front is a sneak peek of a Sale-a-bration item!!  I embossed this on Very vanilla and popped it up on a scallop oval with Stampin dimensionals.

I used Very Vanilla for the insert and edged this with a piece of DSP from the New Occasions Mini DSP Sweet Shop.  I embossed the saying on the inside from Curly Cute.
To match my embossing to my CS I first stamped in Versa Mark then onto my Early Espresso then added my Clear Embossing powder and heat set it.  Great way to save some money and space by not needing every colour of the rainbow embossing powder and yet it still matches all my Stampin up products.  LOVE this card I hope they will too.

Watch for another post today with another card created from New Occasions Mini Products

Glittery Hugs

Kathryne

1 comment:

Dale Morin said...

What a beautiful card!