Thursday, November 24, 2011

Winter Wednesday Blog Hop!

That was a very quick week!  And here we are, it's time again for Shirley's Blog hop!   Love these things they are just so inspiring and I have learned so much from all of the talented ladies who post!
You can start the hop at Shirley's site.  You can also join the hop at the bottom of my post.  You will see pictures of everyone who has posted so far - but check back all week as you can post anytime during the week.  
Anyway on to my card.  I actually have a card and a gift project to share with you this week.
First the card.
I was inspired by K.Werner designs but I changed it up and made it Stampin Up -- I LOVE how it turned out.  Now the problem who will receive this one????
So I started with Crumb Cake card stock cut at 8x11 and folded at 5 1/2.  I used the corner rounder to round the outer corner.
Next I used the ornament pattern from Letters to Santa to make the first strip of DSP on the left.  I took a piece of Blushing Bride cardstock and cut a piece 7x1 1/2  Next the fun part!   I punched out circles with the 3/4 punch from the Letters to Santa paper and ran them through the xyron and attached them to my Blushing Bride creating a whole new DSP .  I used the Scallop Boarder punch to add a small edge to the layering.
 Here is closer look at the circle punch DSP.
Next I cut a piece of Early Espresso and Heat Embossed with White the Christmas saying Welcome Christmas into your heart from Heard from the Heart.  I used the Crop-a-dile to make a hole in the end of the piece and tied some retired glittery ribbon .  I popped the whole thing up on Stampin Dimensionals .  Then I used Versa Mark and randomly stamped Season Greetings from Four the Holidays.  Then I distressed the Edges with Early Espresso of the entire card and the inside panel.
Here is the inside - I stamped the ornaments from Merry and Type and continued with the Old Olive Scallop Boarder as well.  I also stamped the same image on the envelope - because you have to decorate the envelope too right?

So for my extra treat this week  I made a little gift for a secret santa or stocking or just to say hey I was thinking of you. These can be changed up to be for any occassion!  I have created over 30 of these but I will just show you a couple  I think I have taken up enough of cyber space for one post!

Hmmm what could these be holding?

Cute! And fun to make too!
How cool!  Lip Balm inside! Now who does not love lip balm?  This could also work for lipstick, candy if its the correct size, perfume, breath spray -- I know some special people who will be receiving these this year!  

Hope your week is Glittery fun!

Glittery Hugs

Kathryne 

4 comments:

Shirley Pumpkin said...

I love this card. You did a great job changing it up to make it your own.... Love the Tinsel trim!!! I love the mini cards too, how cute to put some lip balm in a card. Thanks so much for sharing on Winter Wednesday Blog Hop!!

Hugs
Shirley

Oh... Happy Thanksgiving!!

Denise Pustelniak said...

Wonderful card! Very good way to give a special gift!

Terry said...

You need to make MORE! I love the lip balm idea. I'm never comfortable giving someone breath spray. It's saying, "Yeah, your breath STINKS!" ha ha ha

Walmart has a great Peppermint chapstick that is so soft and creamy.

Denise Pustelniak said...

Kathryne, my set is in the new mini under Christmas village from SU. :)