Friday, July 29, 2011

Tough Work

If you know me at all you know I kind of always think my work is not the best, although I am told differently often.  And never before have I had such anxiety as this past month trying to create thank you cards for my Brother to send out after the loss of his wife and my sister-in law Carolynn Causley Knowles -- I can hardly believe it has been 5 weeks already -- and our hearts are still aching with the loss - especially my brother of course - I cannot imagine the pain - and yet he goes on everyday with the girls and creates an amazing home and loving memories for his girls - he inspires me to be a better person -  I love him so much! 
I was trying to come up with some masculine cards for my brothers colleagues from work who all flew in to be with him at the visitation and the funeral -- a great bunch of men!
Here is what I came up with.
I used Basic Black for the base, the a layer of natural , that I distressed the edge with the stampin up tool, then a thin layer of basic black again, then I cut out a 3x3 square of brushed gold, at 23/4x2 3/4 of Basic Black then a 2 1/2x 2 1/2 of very vanilla that I heat embossed with Black embossing powder the fancy Thank You.  


I thought I had pictures of the other cards I already created but I guess I forgot and sent them to Chris's already!  Oh well!

Glittery Hugs

Kathryne

No comments: